Sunday, July 31 st, 2011
It was my departure date to
I have never imagined to live there before. Well, I have never imagined to go there before. I don’t even know what I could see. In Bali they have beach, in
At first, I was about to go there by the end of the year, but they need the teacher immediately. So, without considering any further, I said yes to my mom, and I was being told that immediately means immediately. Well, I guess I had to prepare myself, then.
So it’s settled. I’m going there by the end of July. This news shocked many people, especially my close friends and my long-lost friends who don’t even meet me that often. Decision was made, contract was signed, and I was ready to go. Well, not that ready but, I had to be ready. Besides, I scheduled to go home on August 24 until September 17 for Lebaran and graduation before going back again until December. So, it wouldn’t be that hard, I supposed.
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 at 5.30pm WITA, I safely arrived at
Around 6.30 pm, we arrived at the house where I’ll be staying while I’m here. Not a big house, but a nice one. I stayed with two teachers, Miss Tuti and Miss Nita. Miss Tuti was quite older than me (about 30yrs old) and Miss Nita was my age or 1-2years older, I guess. The house had two rooms. Mine was the big one, because I had to share it with Miss Tuti. Miss Nita’s room was smaller because she slept alone.
At first, it was so awkward there. No particular interactions between me and the housemates. I thought they were unfriendly. Miss Nita went to the first taraweh at the mosque alone, Miss Tuti was so occupied with her cellphone. When I asked some questions, she answered shortly. My first impression about this house: full of individuality.
After having dinner, I took a bath, then I read a novel in my room. I got sleepy, I slept for about two hours, then I woke up, replied some tweets and messages, then I couldn’t sleep anymore. It was usual for me when it comes to a first night anywhere. Anyway, I was so grateful I will start teaching on Wednesday. I thought it was on Monday. So I didn’t have to sleep early. I read novel until midnight, wished my friends happy birthday, then I tried to sleep. Unfortunately, I didn’t sleep well. I woke up every several minutes.
Monday, August 1st 2011
It was the first day of Ramadan. My alarm rang at 3.00 AM. It was time for sahur. Miss Tuti was having her period, so I guess it was just me and Miss Nita. I woke Miss Nita up, and asked if she had her sahur. She told me that adzan Subuh is 4:53. So I went back to sleep, and woke up at 4:30 to have sahur. I woke Miss Nita up, and she said she already ate. So I ate alone. It was so unconvenient. After that, I did the Subuh prayer, and then went back to my-not-so-well-sleep.
I woke up at 10:30 AM. My plan for today was buying stuffs I need. I just remembered that I didn’t bring hair brush and deodorant.. But then, Mrs. Eni texted me and asked if I could go with her to school today, just for looking around and meet some teachers. So I cancelled my plan and accepted Mrs. Eni’s offer.
At 11:30 AM, Mrs. Eni came to the house with Mr. Ramli and Raya. I was so glad she came! After that, we went to the school. It was nice, colorful, and I was introduced to several people, Mr. Ramli, Miss Warih, Mr. Sufi, and Mr. Dodi. Then Mrs Eni gave me the semester timeline for preschool. From school, I went with Mr. Ramli and Mr. Arman to drop Miss Warih at the airport because she had to catch her flight soon. On our way to airport, we passed a lot of places, such as Pantai Losari. Miss Warih needed to buy some snacks and food for her favorable people in
Then we went to the airport just for few minutes. From airport, we went back again to my house. But Mr. Ramli chose the different route so I could see many places, such as the mall, and took a tour to Universitas Hasanuddin.
We arrived at 2 pm. Mrs Eni was at the house, talked to Miss Nita. She told me that Miss Nita was going to move from the house to the teachers’ dorm near school. So I could move from Miss Tuti’s room and I could have my own room. Well, I was so glad I had my own room. It means full of privacy and it has AC, just like Miss Tuti’s. Then I moved my things to my new room. It was just me and Miss Tuti since then. After moving my things, I went to Alfamart to buy stuffs and lamp for the kitchen. After Ashar prayer, I watched Crazy Little Thing Called Love while waiting for adzan maghrib. *intermezzo: I didn’t cry this time! Yeay!*
The day after, I referred it as a “today-I-don’t-feel-like-doing-anything-day” because I was totally just laying down in my bed, laying down, laying down, and laying down....
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2011
It was my first day at work. I was so nervous. I felt a very weird sensation inside my body. I was so afraid that I screwed up on my first day. Then, I met Miss Ari, my co-worker as in my partner in class. I came at about 7.30 AM, then I was introduced to Miss Ari, and we talked about several technical things for the class activities.
At 9.00 AM, I met the kids. They are so adorable and cute. It wasn’t weird if a child felt so suspicious about new people around them (I’m talking about me). Several kids looked at me and were like, “Who the hell are you?” hahaha, that’s fine, though, while several kids realized that I was also the teacher in their class. So they respected me as they respected Miss Ari.
Then Miss Ari introduced me to the school teachers. They are Miss Rifa, Miss Mega, Miss Ina, and.... crap, I can’t remember all of them. My first impression about them wasn’t so good because at a fasting day, they ate in front of me like nothing happened. What a manner. I couldn’t help it but telling my friends in BB group about the attitude. I wished it was 3.00 PM already so I could go home.
I waited, waited, and waited. And it was finally 3:00 PM. Before going home, Mrs Eni held a meeting with the preschool and kindergarten teachers about the activity plan for the next day and the day after. Raya joined us, but she looked pale. I found out that Raya was sick. Her body temperature was so high. I was sad seeing the active and talkative Raya was in such condition.
After the meeting, we stopped by at Jalan Mappanyuki, where people sells food for fasting break. There were so many options for food and snacks. I bought pie susu, panada, and ayam kecap for my dinner while Miss Tuti bought ikan goreng pedas and urap. Then we went back home.
This day was when it all started. I started missing my home. I cried at night, I was hoping my mom was beside me, hoping my dad was here, hoping to hug my friends, hoping to have dinner or chit-chat moment with my best friend Niken, I miss everyone in Jakarta and Depok. With the absence of the internet, and indosat signal’s sucks, I felt so far from everyone. Nobody to hug, nobody to share the laughter, I was so lonely. It continued on the next day...
Well, I will post what happened the next days, but later. I haven't written any until today. :D
Thank you for visiting!
- N. Rianto

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar